Brain Droppings

Friday, June 02, 2006

Crack Kills



Ok, people are just fucking out of there minds. I have a co-worker who is ALWAYS out of his seat. It doesn't matter how busy it is, he's up! Today as there was a monsoon coming down from the heavens; this man is outside looking at DVD's. :o/ WTF! SIT THE FUCK DOWN AND AT LEAST ACT LIKE YOUR DOING SOME WORK.

Why in the world do people think that when you get to work it's time to socialize? A chat here and there is ok. But, having an hour long conversation about how somebody's husband is and asshole and someone's wife is a bitch really shouldn't be the topic of conversation the moment you walk in the door. Is it so difficult to actually get some work done b/4 you order breakfast for the whole office? For crying out loud, if your mouth is full of food pls oh pls don't answer the phone. Another thing...why do the people that smoke have a smoke break but the people that don't sit their asses at their desk and pick up the slack for the living chimney's. I don't smoke or have a car but it seems that if you have either you get to have an abundance of breaks that you weren't allowed to take in the first place but are taking it anyway!

Then of course there are the rumor mills that are always a churnin' in this place. I just wanna disappear. I hate people and I hate people that I work with even more (Glenda you know your not part of this clan). Personally I think people should only talk when they have something really important to say or if they're dying. Ok, maybe you should talk at other times too but damn does everyone really have so much to say... Haven't they ever heard the saying, SILENCE IS GOLDEN.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wanted to check out the DVD bootlegger too. I missed him because I was working! This morning, I thought of punching in at 8 o'clock and running back outside to look for parking. I was of the "everyone else does it mindset." But, I didn't do it. I took my car to the parking lot and punched in on time. DAMN MORALS AND ETHICS! Love your blog! More, more, more!

3:55 PM  
Blogger Crothos said...

I work around salesmen; I think they are bread to talk constantly about nothing. Although some of their stories do amuse me from time to time.

I understand what you mean about smoke breaks, unfortunately one of my main bosses is a smoker, when she goes outside to smoke you should see the kiss ass group who followers her out. It’s amazing how the 30 min smoke break is ok when the boss is with you. One of the non-smoking co-workers and I started taking breaks out front just to get outside, or streatch our legs. Random people come by sometimes and ask us stupid questions.

Them: “What we are doing out here.”
Us: “We are taking a smoke break.”
Them: “But you don’t smoke.”
Us: “I know, we are trying to start but we are getting used to the idea by taking in second hand smoke first.”

Usually the look on their face is priceless.

4:07 PM  
Blogger payanipie said...

Usually i just give them the fuck off look and they get it. They are very familiar with the look...I give it as often as I can.

5:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home