Brain Droppings

Monday, June 26, 2006

I HATE THIS FUCKING JOB

All blogging on other subjects have come to a grinding halt. I hate my job. Why should I be different from the millions of other lackeys that hate their place of employment? Well...I'm not. But these fucking bastards have just let the last straw fall on this camels back!

This morning I was informed that I will NOT be receiving my raise until there is a replacement for my position (receptionist/slave). Great...I'll be waiting for the end of the fucking century until someone is in enough despair to say "hey, I know I'll be miserable but fuck it I need to feed my family". I swore I wouldn't stay here too but, I saw promise. God I must have been out of my mind. I actually got too comfortable. It was convenient. So now not only do I have to wait for a replacement to get my raise but I also have to wait to actually get my position because someone else may not like the one given to them or he might not get the job done like they want it.

FUCK I HAVE TO GET OUT OF HERE. I was so upset this morning I walked out for a min cause I thought I was going to blow up into tiny pieces. Actually I thought I was going to scream so loud in Larry's face (owner) that he would have blown up into little tiny pieces.
I don't know how to feel anymore. I mean do I look like a dumbass? Scratch that, I must look like a dumbass because I agreed to wait for someone else to fit into a position in order to get a "promotion". What was I thinking? Even now I don't want to let my family down but, I really don't think I can make it here much longer. I don't want to stay here and my job search doesn't seem to be going very well. But I have to say I don't feel like I am of any value here. Every time I look at the big picture I can't find myself.

I just had a very brief talk with "Da Man". He's going to continue to keep me down while he collects his $$$ millions $$$.

Larry: Be patient

Me: Look how long it took for you to give me an "opportunity". I only got this supposed opportunity because I talked to you about not wanting to be stagnant in a position that didn't challenge me or interest me anymore. I only want to be given a chance for advancement and show that I'm worth the chance.

Larry:Well we are trying to give you that opportunity but you have to be patient. I understand that you have been and you've made changes that we have asked of you but this all takes time.



Y
ea well I don't have time to get my dick sucked every time I go up there. So FUCK HIM AND FUCK PEARLGREEN. I better not be asked to do anything that isn't in my fucking job description cause they aren't going to like the answer. I'm tired of putting out the fucking welcome mat. I don't care if I get a fucking minimum wage job. I'M FUCKING OUTTA HERE!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think they're just waving a carrot in front of your face with the raise/promotion. A promotion should stand on its own. It shouldn't be contingent upon two or three other people. That's not a real promotion.
Are they even ectively seeking a candidate for your replacement?
Don't sleep! I told you! Continue to search for a job. Being complacent is the worst thing you can do here. Look at me. And another thing keep your eyes on the prize and get that degree.

1:58 PM  
Blogger Crothos said...

hmmm... I'm thinking rat poison in the coffee!! Those bastards!

Need to try and keep positive and keep looking for a job. It is easier to find a job when you dont have the stress of bills etc. (I mean from not working at all, I think we all stress bills.)

And Mrs.BB is right, the promotion should be its own thing, not just a reward for their ability to find a replacement.

I'm telling ya, bitchslapping should be legal.

12:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home