Brain Droppings

Thursday, September 14, 2006

Chicken Noodle Soup...w Soda on the Side


What the hell is going on with the radio? Every time I turn on the tunes all I hear is the same ole thing. No, I don't mean that every thing sounds the same although, everything does; but I mean the same songs are playing over and over again. The best is when they have rediculous songs like "Chicken Noodle Soup w/ a soda on the side"

Beyonce' with this song "Ring the Alarm". It sounds like she's out of her mind. Christina or shall I say X-Tina, "Aint No Other Man" u got soul, u got class, u got style ur bad ass...Ok aside from bad grammar the shit has been played so many times that as soon as i hear the music I dive to the radio just to change the station. Lets not forget Panic at the Disco "I write sins not tragedies". I love this song but, there is nothing to it except a great hook and a catchy melody. I can rattle off a million other "artists" that are really hot right now but that aren't really contributing to music. There is a very small amount of people that are original to begin with. I know the industry thinks that we are not capable of knowing real music when we hear it and really why would they? We make song like songs "Buttons" by the Pussycat Dolls appear on the top 100 of the billboard charts. Personally I think that bands like Dave Matthews Band, Gnarls Barkley, Floetry, or even Nelly Furtado should get more props for their originality. But what are you gonna do? I'll probably just keep snapping my fingers to Mr. JT's new single. I'm bringin sexy back YEAAA.

3 Comments:

Blogger Crothos said...

I agree 100%. Music today either sounds the same or has no real .. uh.. value to it.

There was a concert this summer, I think Oz Fest (That Ozzy didnt play in.) and it was hard to tell the difference between the bands. 90% of them had the same sound and apparantly same lead vocalist.

It is all hype and no content.

1:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Chicken noodle soup, chicken noodle soup, chicken noodle soup with a soda on the side. let it rain and clear it out, let it rain...Damn you payanipie! Now it's in my head. Must...fight. Growing...weaker.

Yeah, I heard Ring the Alarm and I was like, did that bitch lose her mind! What the hell is she yelling about?! I agree on the rest. I heard a couple of songs on JT's album. Pretty infectious. Has a futuristic pop sound. Makes you want to frolic with robots. Okay, maybe it's just me.

7:45 PM  
Blogger payanipie said...

Def not just you. "I Love You" has me thinking about robotic love. Not me with robots but robots with other robots. Yeah, did i write that right?

9:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home