Brain Droppings

Friday, September 22, 2006

TAE BO! u can do it!



Ok, I swear I felt like I was going to die today! I was breathing so heavy. I had the brilliant idea to do TAE BO today.

WTF? I can't believe I told myself that I could do TAE BO!

I am totally out of my mind. So, my two girlfriends and I decided that we would get in some workout clothes and move some furniture (since we live in little ass apts in NY) and subject ourselves to heat, pain, sweating and a shit load of panting, for the sake of "healthy living".

Honestly i think that it's a great idea that we're moving our asses and trying to get in shape. Let's face it we aren't getting any younger and personally i'm starting to feel like a savage with a piece of meat hanging from my mouth. But i think i might have thought that i was still in my 20's or something. In the past when i have decided to get moving i never had a trouble. Just got on the horse and did my thing. Well last night i warm up and stretch. Then I start the tape. I was about 10-15 min into it when i started to feel a little faint.

In my head i was like uh oh, but i wouldn't listen so i continued. Push on... push on... and then it happened. I sat down. I didn't even know that my body volunteered to sit. I didn't notice until i felt like i wanted to vomit. I saw stars in front of my eyes and then they turned into big round spots of colors. I thought i was tripping on acid but, i've never done that (i think). I know i wasn't hyperventilating or holding my breath but i felt like i was going down.

The worst part is that this is all happening in slow motion and my girls don't even notice cause they're all into Billy Blanks talking about "i want you to feel the burn. I want you to give me all you got". Apparantly I did and my body was paying for it. Somehow i picked myself up and went to the bathroom.

Teresa: shouted NO QUITTING"

Me: Screw that, i'm done

Teresa: U can't quit, we're in your house doing Tae Bo!

Jess: Yea, ur house!

Me: See this? (turning my back) this is me trying to stay alive

Jess: Drink some water u'll be fine

Teresa: do u have bananas?

Me: blink blink(continued to walking away)

Them: (in unison) BANANA POWER!

Me: (turning around) Hey Bitches! I'm about to die over here and your telling me about banana power?

Them: blink blink...

Needless to say Tae Bo night at my house is cancelled.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

BANANA POWER! LOL

3:06 PM  
Blogger Crothos said...

I get out of breath watching the TAE BO tapes, no fricken way Im going to do them.


HAHA BANANA POWER! LOL

4:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home